Welcome!

In january 2012 I bought a Kindle e-reader. Since then I've added about 100 books to my kindle and I am totally in love with the new possibility of e-books. I love the fact that I can read about a book on Goodreads and then just seconds later have it on my Kindle, ready to lose myself in another adventure.

This blog will be written in English and the main reason for this is that I only read books in English (since my Kindle is connected to Amazon.com) and also because I read a lot of blogs in English and thought it would be nice to be able to communicate with these people.

söndag 30 december 2012

Ohh, first one. Very excited.

For my first ever blog-post (well, in this blog) I would like to spend some time talking about, well - what do you know - books! (Read the title. Kinda obvious.)

For the last year or so I have discovered a whole new way of reading (and obsessing over) books. In january 2012 I bought myself a Kindle E-bookreader (Thank you myself, it was the best gift ever!) and since then i have spent more money than I care to remember on e-books from Amazon.com. People ask me why I would buy a Kindle when it's just connected to Amazon.com. Well, truthfully, I thought I'd be more annoyed about this too but I'm not since you can find pretty much any e-book on Amazon.com. So, therefore, Amazon should be paying me for all the people I've told about my AWESOME e-bookreader. It's just so amazing! When I went on a vacation to Italy (by bus - 48 hours) I brought about 10 new, unread books in my purse and all those books weigh about 200 grams. So, if I haven't said it before, AWESOME. 

So, now, lets move on from the awesomeness that is the Kindle E-reader (Did you know you can lend your books to other Kindles?? Ok, now I'm done.). 

My hopes and dreams about this blog is to be able to encourage people I know and people I don't know to read some of the books that I love so that we can share the experience. I think most readers would agree that a shared book-experience is a better experience. (Yes, I just made that up.)

For this first blog-post ever (well, in this blog) I would therefore like to share with you, my all-time favorite books, authors and series. So here goes. Some are kinda obvious, some might not be. 

Oh, and I am a romantic kind of girl so do expect my all-time favorite books to be, yes - romantic. 

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
This is not a well-known book. Why, I really don't know since it's AWESOME. (I will stop soon, I promise.) 

This book is set during World War II, in Leningrad - Soviet Union as Hitler barricades the city. This book has it all. Love, politics, history, tragedy and redemption. I will give a proper review in a later blog-post. 

Harry Potter by J.K Rowling
Not particularly un-known and this for a reason. I love J.K Rowlings story from the first chapter in the first book to the last chapter in the last book. Harry Potter is not just about wizards, it's about life, sorrow, life-choices, friendship, family and what bravery really is. 

The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
This series in not particularly un-known either but as I said before, the famous series are usually famous for a reason. It took me a long time to read these books as I thought it was a cheesy story about vampires but this I was glad for as all four books had been released when I started reading them. I think I might have gone crazy If I'd had to wait for book-releases. I read these books at night, in the bathroom, since I could not stop reading. (Just one more page!) I did not get much sleep reading these books, let me tell you. Team Edward!

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Awesome books. So exciting, so awful, so mind-blowing and so provocative. Team Peeta all the way!

This is just the beginning my friends. These are the books I've read countless times over and over again and the ones I just can't forget. But there are other books that are really good as well, just not as great. :) We'll explore these in future blog-posts. 

Thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar